Does eWed provide any coverage for Honeymoon if we cancel or postpone our wedding for a covered reason?
Yes, eWed will cover your Honeymoon expenses for a covered reason. It is important to include the Honeymoon expense in the total budget of your eWed Wedding Cancellation Policy purchase.
Yes, coverage is provided if weather conditions are extreme enough to prevent the honoree or majority of guests from attending your wedding.
Yes, wedding gifts, including items, gift cards and checks that are lost or damaged seven days prior to and seven days after your wedding are covered up to the applicable limit set forth in your policy. There is a limit on cash, checks, and gift cards.
Yes, the policy provides coverage for special attire that is lost, stolen, or damaged before the wedding. Special attire includes the wedding dress, bridal accessories and tuxedo.
Yes, eWed Insurance’s policy provides coverage if your film or digital images are lost or damaged before you receive them from the photographer. The policy does not cover photographer errors such as blurry, underexposed, or overexposed images.
It’s a good idea to purchase a policy as soon as you begin paying vendor deposits. Caterers, photographers and other vendors usually require a significant non-refundable deposit up front, with the remainder due by the day of your wedding.
Call 1-800-426-1064 or visit our weddings claim page to begin the process of filing a claim. We will respond to all claims in a timely manner so there are no delays in processing your claim. If you have a loss resulting from a theft, please report it to the police immediately and submit a copy of your police report with your claim.
What if a guest of honor or immediate family member falls ill or has an accident before my wedding?
If an accident or illness prevents a guest of honor or an immediate family member from attending the wedding, eWed Wedding Insurance will provide coverage, as long as illness is not due to a pre-existing medical condition. Excludes Covid-19 related illness
Yes, if the guest of honor is serving full-time, active duty in the armed forces, police, or fire department, and must postpone the wedding due to withdrawal of a previously granted leave eWed Insurance will provide coverage.
Every type of insurance policy contains certain exclusions to coverage. The most common exclusion in all insurance policies is the exclusion for pre-existing or known conditions. That is, if the condition you are looking to make a claim on existed prior to purchasing the policy, then the condition is excluded from coverage.
Cancellation and Postponement exclusions include the following:
- Covid-19 and Pandemic related losses.
- Non-Appearance of persons other than the Honorees or their Immediate Family Members.
- Deployment or revocation of leave for an honoree or immediate family member who is part of the military if the deployment is to a base less than 150 miles from the event
- Lack of funds (other than caused by unemployment)
- Cancellation or postponement due to the voluntary decision of an honoree (“change of heart”)
- Weather conditions, unless so extreme as to prevent an honoree, honoree’s immediate family or more than 50% of the guests from reaching the event venue, or which renders the event venue unusable or unsafe
- Failure of the photographer or videographer to meet anyone’s expectations of style or quality
- Theft that is not reported to the police in a timely manner
Liability exclusions include the following:
- Bodily injury or property damage caused by an intentional act
- Bodily injury or property damage arising out of the use of any motor vehicle, aircraft, or water craft
- Bodily injury or property damage that does not occur at the wedding venue
- Bodily injury or property damage occurring outside the coverage dates for the wedding
- Workers compensation and/or employment claims
- Claims arising out of a criminal act
- Claims arising out of the use of pyrotechnics, fireworks and/or lasers
The above examples are for reference purposes only and are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all exclusions. For a complete list of policy exclusions and their specific details, please refer to the actual wording of each policy.
You should purchase coverage for your wedding for the total amount that you will be spending on your wedding. This includes the Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding, Honeymoon and Farewell Brunch.
eWed Insurance’s wedding cancellation coverage can be purchased up to the day before your wedding. If purchased less than 14 days prior to the wedding date there are exclusions for cancellation or postponement due to severe weather. eWed Liability Insurance’s wedding liability coverage can be purchased up to one (1) day prior to your event date.
No, insurance coverage is available for only for weddings and events scheduled to take place in the United States.
No, not a penny!
LIABILITY POLICIES FOR ONLY $119
WEDDING CANCELLATION POLICIES STARTING AT ONLY $75