Every type of insurance policy contains certain exclusions to coverage. The most common exclusion in all insurance policies is the exclusion for pre-existing or known conditions. That is, if the condition you are looking to make a claim on existed prior to purchasing the policy, then the condition is excluded from coverage.
Cancellation and Postponement exclusions include the following:
- Covid-19 and Pandemic related losses.
- Non-Appearance of persons other than a honoree or their Immediate Family Members.
- Deployment to a base less than 150 miles from the event.
- Lack of funds (other than caused by unemployment).
- Cancellation or postponement due to the voluntary decision of an honoree (“change of heart”).
- Weather conditions, unless so extreme as to prevent an honoree, honoree’s immediate family or more than 50% of the guests from reaching the event venue, or which renders the event venue unusable or unsafe.
- Failure of the photographer or videographer to meet anyone’s expectations of style or quality.
- Theft that is not reported to the police in a timely manner.
Liability exclusions include the following:
- Bodily injury or property damage caused by an intentional act.
- Bodily injury or property damage arising out of the use of any motor vehicle, aircraft, or watercraft.
- Bodily injury or property damage that does not occur at the wedding venue.
- Bodily injury or property damage occurring outside the coverage dates for the wedding.
- Workers compensation and/or employment claims.
- Claims arising out of a criminal act.
- Claims arising out of the use of pyrotechnics, fireworks and/or lasers. (sparklers are allowed if used outdoors).
The above examples are for reference purposes only and are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all exclusions. For a complete list of policy exclusions and their specific details, please refer to the actual wording of each policy. Kindly, keep in mind, specific coverage questions can only be answered after a claim has been made and a claims adjuster has been assigned to investigate the claim. All claims are handled on an individual basis in accordance with the terms of your insurance policy.